... and so it begins. That wacky, wild hoops mania the kids call March Madness. All my brackets are turned in and I'm ready to try to watch 4 games at once while scribbling on printed copies of my picks and juggling beer and chicken wings. I love this stuff. For me it gets even better as I head to Vegas next Friday for Elite Eight games with a little something extra riding on each one. My winner? Well, if Ty Lawson was healthy it'd be North Carolina to win it all. It's looking like he's pretty questionable though so I'm going with Louisville. My sleeper team is Missouri.
Went to see 3 bands last night... In This Moment, Nonpoint and Mudvayne. Excellent show, review later.
Making my way to the lake today to get my boat launched so I'll be prepared for the fine Spring days we have coming up. I'm making a little stop at Wal-Mart to buy a fishing license and pole etc... so it's on. Warn the locals.
A couple of timely top 10s from David Letterman to get this March Madness thing in gear:
Top Ten Signs Your Team Won't Be Winning The NCAA Basketball Championship
10. Your top player scores 20 points a game, but most of them are in the wrong basket.
9. You spend most of the game guarding the mascot.
8. Some of the players joined the team for the free headbands.
7. Instead of drinking Gatorade, team uses timeouts to moisturize.
6. Typical motivational speech: "Let's hurry this up so we can shower."
5. The scorekeeper doesn't bother to turn on your half of the scoreboard.
4. In your region: North Carolina, Duke and the '98 Chicago Bulls.
3. You lead the conference in nosebleeds.
2. Team refuses to attend game because they don't want to miss a new episode of The George Lopez Show.
1. Players ask themselves, "What would the Knicks do?"
Top Ten Signs You're Watching Too Much NCAA Basketball
10. At dinner party, you make guests tip off for every pork chop
9. You got a tattoo of Jim Nantz where a tattoo of Jim Nantz shouldn't be
8. You name your child "Gonzaga"
7. Just checked into rehab to kick $500-a-day nacho cheese addiction
6. Got a 35-second shot clock in your bedroom -- it's an oldie but a goodie, folks
5. Constantly asking, "What would Michigan State coach Tom Izzo do?"
4. Snack plus lack of activity equals sweet sixteen chins
3. You're so caught up in basketball, you don't even care that "The Hills" Audrina is about to go on her first date since breaking up with Justin Bobby
2. Kick everyone's ass in Scrabble by putting "Krzyzewski" on triple word score
1. You'll watch anything leathery and orange on CBS -- even Letterman
You seed your children based on how much you love them
You have visions which force you to sculpt your mashed potatoes into a bust of Greg Gumbel
Your medical alert card reads, "In case of emergency, please TiVo Thursday's Louisville Tennessee game"
Lot of people can name players -- you can name some of the fans sitting behind the bench